The eight UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) form a blueprint agreed to by all the world’s countries and all the world’s leading development institutions.
The message is: we are the first generation that can end poverty
The Mission is: by 2015 all United Nations Member States have pledged to:
1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieve universal primary education
3. Promote gender equality and empower women
4. Reduce child mortality
5. Improve maternal health
6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
7. Ensure environmental sustainability
8. Develop a global partnership for development
So, how are we going with these goals? It’s a big question for a big challenge.
Want to do something about it too? Peruse the links I’ve provided or you can “add your voice” to the mission through the End Poverty 2015 Millennium Campaign.